Court of Honor of the New Reich Chancellery
State of construction: 1939-1944
Address: Voßstraße 4-5 / Wilhelmstraße 78
The Court of Honor of the New Reich Chancellery served as an entrance hall to the interior of the Chancellery. The court was not visible from either the road, or the garden side of the Chancellery. It was accessed from Wilhelmplatz via a double door driveway created in 1939. From here one was faced with the main entrance to the New Reich Chancellery, which was flanked by two bronze sculptures. These pieces were created by the artist Arno Breker, and were called "Wehrmacht" and "Party" Above the entrance was placed a bronze eagle created by Professor Kurt Schmid-Ehmen.